Thursday, January 15, 2015

Home. Sweet. Home.

For those of you who follow Facebook. I won't belabor the subject - but just in case you hadn't heard, the surgery's completed, all went well, and I am at home. Hooray! Gotta say, the care at Easton Memorial is extraordinary - the nurses are kind and compassionate and funny - the anesthesiologist IS funny - and my surgeon is an absolute PEACH. Can't say enough good things about her!

My daughters have posted "lovely" pre-op pictures of me on Facebook looking radiantly happy. The Happy is chemical - light dose of Versed on board. Then for the surgery, they gave me "Michael Jackson Juice," that Propo-whatever-it-is - and the next thing I knew, I was waking up and HUMMING! Whew! I haven't had anything like that stuff in almost 40 years, and felt like I was waking up from a major drinking escapade. Wasn't sickening, but not particularly pleasant, either.

A couple of dear friends made food deliveries while we were gone today - so dinner was scrumptious. Son Skip has gone on his way - can't remember where he said he was overnighting. The girls have good-nighted and kissed me and are off to bed. I'm pillow-propped in my own comfy bed, and the cat is sound asleep beside me.

My only soreness, and not un-bearable, is where the lymph nodes were removed - and if I remember correctly, everything was clear in that dept., and I think someone said that means no radiation. Very wonderfulness!

I am still "floating" on your love, prayers, and caring - and I am so-oooo grateful. I could 'feel' you all with me today, and I knew, going in, that everything would be fine. Even my apprehension magically disappeared.

Thank you, Thank you. Thank you from the bottom, middle and top of my heart.

Good night, dear people and God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment